21 Feb EVALUATOR COORDINATOR
Ref No.: SAHPRA 008/2021
DPSA Equivalent Level 10 TCE (Non-OSD)
The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA), is the National Medicines Regulatory Authority established in terms of the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, (Act No. 101 of 1965) as amended, to provide for the monitoring, evaluation, regulation, investigation, inspection, registration and control of medicines, scheduled substances, clinical trials and medical devices, and related matters in the public interest.
- Minimum requirement of an appropriate three-year National Diploma/Degree.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Natural or Health Sciences, or BPharm.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience.
- Sound working knowledge of document management and workflow management software.
- Comfort working with computers and computer software packages.
- Technical knowledge of the regulatory environment is an added bonus.
- Knowledge of CTD and eCTD software applications is an added bonus.
- Display exceptional stakeholder management capabilities.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English with both written and verbal communication.
- Defines and prioritizes goals in the face demands to keep people focused on achieving business objectives.
- Good leadership and decision-making ability.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and coordination skills.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
Allocation of applications to evaluators:
- Develop and consistently update staffing plan.
- Records the experience and available capacity of evaluators.
- Define and document the evaluator requirements in line with pre-determined backlog KPIs by identifying the necessary skill level and capacity requirements for future batches of applications.
- Allocate applications based on available evaluator experience and capacity to ensure evaluators are not overloaded.
Tracking of applications history:
- Monthly reconciliation of applications assigned and successfully evaluated.
- Monitor progress against predetermined KPIs, and identify the root causes for any shortfalls and implement solutions to remove these.
- Identify low performing evaluators and alert Operations and administration divisional backlog department head for follow up.
Ensure compliance with agreed-to timelines by both internal and external evaluators and expert committee processes:
- Assess and recommend the need for additional resources or expertise that may be required.
- Reassign applications if necessary.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: All applications must:
- Be submitted with a covering letter clearly reflecting the name of the position and post reference number, be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and recently certified copies of ID and qualification/s.
- Applications without the afore mentioned will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- A separate application must be completed for each post. SAHPRA will not be liable where applicants use incorrect or no reference number on their applications.
- Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the required certified documentation as indicated. DO NOT MAKE ENQUIRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- No late applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from SAHPRA within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by SAHPRA.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, citizenship status and previous employment.
SAHPRA is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. SAHPRA reserves the right to fill or not to fill the vacant post/s.
Enquiries: Ms S. Molepo, Email: email@example.com (DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS).