22 Oct MANAGER: ICT (INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY)
Ref No.: SAHPRA 040/2021
The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA), is the National Medicines Regulatory Authority established in terms of the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, (Act No. 101 of 1965) as amended, to provide for the monitoring, evaluation, regulation, investigation, inspection, registration and control of medicines, scheduled substances, clinical trials and medical devices, and related matters in the public interest.
- An appropriate 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent NQF level 7 in Computer Science or an Information Technology related qualification.
- At least fiveyears’ experience at middle management level. Additional Certification in Advance Development Management Programme, ITIL, Cobit, TOGAF, Security, etc. are desired.
- Knowledge of PFMA, Treasury regulations, government policies and procedures, government budget process and procedures, financial and related transversal systems used by government, financial administration, statistical, budgeting.
- Knowledge of Batho Pele principles, people management, problem solving, time management, strategic planning, leadership, organizing, coordinating and diversity management skill.
- knowledge of system architecture, database systems, software, IT support cloud hosting approaches and requirements, IT hardware and software, systems and network setups and maintenance.
- Database development and management skills.
- Good communication (Verbal and written), Problem solving and innovative thinker.
- Willingness to work extended hours as and when required.
- \Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Deadline driven.
- Attention to details
- Formulation/Review and implementation of SAHPRA’s five-year IT strategy that is aligned to the strategic and operational objectives of the organization
- Development and Implementation of IT\Cyber Security Strategy.
- Establish a vision for ICT to become innovative and create new ICT and Business capabilities.
- Develop and manage the implementation of Information Communication Technology (ICT) policies and procedures. Ensure awareness and conformance.
- Design, Development, Acquisition and Implementation of ICT Services, Infrastructure and Applications.
- Responsible for ICT Programme and Service Delivery.
- Management of ICT Services and Support in accordance with ICT and Core Business Service Level Agreement.
- Responsible for ICT Governance, ICT Risk Management and Compliance.
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)with the providers of outsourced IT services in line with the approved IT strategy and budget.
- Development, Management and Tracking of the ICT Budget
- Manage the performance of all staff by developing performance contracts and providing staff with regular feedback on their performance against the defined expectation.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: All applications must:
- Be submitted with a covering letter clearly reflecting the name of the position and post reference number, be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and recently certified copies of ID and qualification/s.
- Applications without the afore mentioned will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- A separate application must be completed for each post. SAHPRA will not be liable where applicants use incorrect or no reference number on their applications.
- Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com, including the required certified documentation as indicated. DO NOT MAKE ENQUIRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- No late applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from SAHPRA within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by SAHPRA.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, citizenship status and previous employment.
SAHPRA is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. SAHPRA reserves the right to fill or not to fill the vacant post/s.
Enquiries: Ms S. Molepo:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS).