- This event has passed.
3rd World Conference on Pharmacometrics (WCoP)
March 29, 2022 @ 8:00 am - April 1, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, CP+ Associates GmbH and Fundisa African Academy of Medicines Development, and after consultations with other African Regulators, convened a regulators expert meeting at the upcoming World Conference on Pharmacometrics (WCOP) that was held in Cape Town, South Africa in 2022.
SAHPRA organisers hosted side meetings during the conference where two (2) sessions were convened. The first reported on progress on capacity strengthening for African regulators, and the second had a specific focus on capacity development for using model-based analyses and pharmacometrics to support regulatory decision making.
The meeting was aimed at achieving the following objectives:
Primary Objective: Seek alignment and consensus from regulatory leadership on the continent on regulatory science capacity development.
- Explore options to build capacity in regulatory agencies in Africa
- Determine tools that would be put in place to assess/grade the level of capacity developed
- Explore approaches to increase regulators capabilities to review clinical data in dossiers
- Develop a Roadmap for capacity development
- Collate input from other regulators regarding training programmes that should be implemented going forward
- 29 March 2022 – 15:00 – 17:00 SAT
- 30 March 2022 – 17:00 – 18:00 SAT
[dzs_videogallery id=”wcop-videos” db=”main”]